Autumn is my favourite time of the year with its beautiful changing colours and hedgerows full of edible delights. The leaves and hedgerows are not the only thing that changes in Autumn, our skin also changes as it recovers from sun damage and prepares for colder temperatures and the winter months.
This year I’ve decided to get an Autumn wardrobe incorporating orange, yellow, brown, beige and scarlet to coordinate with falling leaves, warm lattes, cosy jumpers, fluffy socks and pumpkin and hygge everything!! (Pronounced Hoo-Gah) This is also the perfect time for me to be enhancing my skills behind the scenes on training so please bear with me on limited appointments at the moment.
Read on to find out about some of my favourite products for Autumn which include fake tan, body scents, skin care, and my recipe for elderberry syrup which I make every year to keep colds at bay.
Oriental Essences - L'Éclat - Perfume
Based on the clean, smooth undertones of neroli and enriched with sandalwood notes, l’Éclat can be layered or applied on its own to create an individual and bespoke bouquet. I love most of the perfumes from Rituals but always get lovely comments when I’m wearing this one.
Weleda Skin Food Body Butter
I’m a huge fan of this body butter, a truly nourishing butter for very dry skin. I smoother this over to me to retain my tan when returning off my summer holiday but equally use in winter to prevent my skin from drying out. What I love about all the vegan Weleda products is that they are fair trade and Weleda is committed to treating nature in a responsible and caring way.
Vegan & Cruelty Free Tanning Products
If you’re looking for a healthy glow this Autumn/Winter I am now a stockist of Nouvatan so please get in touch if you’d like to know more.
Skin Brightening Face Exfoliator
A brighter complexion is yours thanks to this face exfoliator from The Ritual of Namaste. An essential step in every soulful skincare routine, it gently cleanses and exfoliates with the help of scrub particles extracted from bamboo. Using it 1-2 times a week reveals a deeply purified, fresh and radiant complexion. Check out their body scrubs too. One of my all-time favourite brands right now.
Pomegranate Facial Serum
Weleda also do some fantastic serums. Adding a serum to your daily skin care is advised in the colder months as the ingredients are able to penetrate deeper into the skin than moisturiser. Check out their Pomegranate serum it smells fantastic!
Elderberry Syrup Recipe
- Ripe elderberries (Leave some on the tree for wildlife and birds)
- Cloves, Cinnamon, Star Anise, Nutmeg and any other spices you love
- Juice of 1 lemon or orange
- Pick the fruit on a dry day. Wash well and drain thoroughly.
- Strip the fruit from the stems (with a fork) and put into a pan, adding just enough water to cover.
- Simmer for 30 minutes until the berries are very soft.
- Strain through a jelly bag or muslin and measure the juice. Allow 450g sugar and 10 cloves to each 600ml of juice.
- Heat the juice gently, stirring in the sugar until dissolved. Boil for 10 minutes and then leave until cold.
- Pour the syrup into screw-topped sterilized glass bottles.
The syrup is great as a remedy for colds but also delicious poured over vegan ice cream and vegan pancakes, I also like to add a drop to my prosecco.