Reflexology is a complimentary therapy that is helpful to suffers with fibromyalgia. A block of 4 - 6 is highly recoemmended for this condition.
Fibromyalgia is diagnosed by chronic, widespread pain and tenderness in the body. It is difficult to diagnose fibromyalgia as the symptoms coincide with normal fatigue and body ache. Most people diagnosed with this condition are middle aged women.
Usually symptons include:
- Difficulty sleeping
- Morning stiffness
- Painful periods
- Tingling in the hands and feet
- Problems thinking and memory also known as fibro fog
How reflexology can help fibromyalgia
- It can reduce stress and tension and rebalance the body's system
- It helps the digestive system by working these pressure points
- It can promotes better sleep by calming the body down and triggering the parasympathtic nervous system (Which helps with rest and relaxation).
- It promotes circulation and a sense of wellbeing.